By Lina Bountouri
Archives within the electronic Age: criteria, regulations and Tools discusses semantic net applied sciences and their elevated utilization in allotting archival fabric. The booklet is an invaluable guide for archivists and knowledge experts operating in cultural history associations, together with files, libraries, and museums, supplying distinctive analyses of ways metadata and criteria are used to regulate archival fabric, and the way this fabric is disseminated in the course of the net utilizing the web, the semantic internet, and social media technologies.
Following an creation from the writer, the booklet is split into 5 sections that discover archival description, digitization, the renovation of documents, the promoting of archival fabric via social media, and present tendencies in archival science.
- Addresses crucial concerns in the archival neighborhood, masking present traits and the way forward for archival science
- Presents an unique point of view at the use of social media via archival institutions
- Provides leading edge, interdisciplinary learn that comes with files and knowledge management
- Discusses the dissemination of archival fabric utilizing semantic net technologies
Read Online or Download Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
This booklet reports either the old and destiny roles that public, inner most, educational and specified libraries have in aiding and shaping society at neighborhood, nearby, nationwide and overseas degrees. Globalisation, fiscal turmoil, political and ethnic tensions, speedy expertise improvement, international warming and different key environmental elements are all combining in myriad and complicated how one can have an effect on every body, either separately and jointly.
Utilizing caliber literature to introduce more youthful scholars to monetary phrases and ideas is a fascinating and potent educating process. This booklet demonstrates how. • provides an beautiful and powerful strategy to increase the social experiences curriculum• provides dialogue questions acceptable to public library storytimes• presents grade-level applicable actions and reproducibles in a ready-to-use structure that saves academics and librarians time• Recommends titles which are simply to be had
As a party of Anne Thurston’s pioneering paintings on files and documents administration as a necessary foundation for demonstrating integrity in govt, this wonderful quantity brings jointly students and working towards archivists to debate key concerns round documents as proof for responsibility, transparency and the security of electorate’ rights.
Classes in Library management: A Primer for Library Managers and Unit Leaders takes regarding administration positions inside of libraries and the way lots of them are stuffed by means of applicants without formalized education. This loss of instruction usually results in extra pressure as they scramble to profit the right way to lead, to formulate departmental ambitions, to behavior potent review, to imagine and plan strategically, to guidance staff, and masses extra.
- Emerging Technologies: A Primer for Librarians
- Implementing Virtual Reference Services: A LITA Guide
- Shared Print Repositories: Collaborative Collecting
- Going Beyond Loaning Books to Loaning Technologies: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Reinventing the Library for Online Education
- ¿Qué los hace leer así?. Los niños, la lectura y las bibliotecas (Espacios Para La Lectura) (Spanish Edition)
Extra resources for Archives in the Digital Age: Standards, Policies and Tools (Chandos Information Professional Series)